Monday, December 02, 2002

From the In Box: From the Reading Pile XIII
Thanks for the too nice review. Jordan's a neighbor, but ironically, I hadn't read much of his stuff till after I finished Oceanus. Now I rip him off like crazy! Just kidding. The guy's a big influence now (He's taught me how to screenprint properly, for one thing).

Your reviews page is chock full o' content. I saved it to my laptop 'cause I need something on  a road trip I'm taking today.

You're in the Anchormen? Who wrote that "Raina Lee" song? That's my girlfriend you're talkin' 'bout! Actually, we both love the hilarity and flattering quality of it. Glad to see someone else sees many of the things I see in her. And that they live on the East Coast.

On a related note, get ready for 1-UP #3. In addition to stellar content and editorial, Raina and I have worked out for illustration work this incredible lineup: Jordan, Jason Shiga, KozynDan, Martin Cendreda, Dave Kiersh, Souther Salazar, Sammy Harkham, holy shit! Exciting. Also, it'll be offset printed, squarebound, two spot colors, mind-blowing. Sorry, I know I sound like a salesman, but from reading some of the reviews on your site, I thought you might be interested to know who some of the contributors might be.
-- John Pham

No comments: