Friday, June 14, 2002

Doctor, Steal Thyself
I haven't gone to see a doctor in years, and I think it's high time I do so again -- at least for a physical to see what kind of shape my ship is in. This afternoon, I called my primary care physician through my healthcare plan at work, and the phone number they had listed was incorrect. So I went to the Web to see if I could track him down otherwise, and I came across some legal documents that indicated he'd gone to court for defaulting on his student loans.

Lots of folks default on their loans, I suppose, but all this -- bad phone number, inability to pay off his loans -- doesn't seem to bode well for the quality of his practice. So before even meeting my doctor, I'm changing doctors again -- to someone else I haven't met, either. Because it's been a long time since I've been to a doctor. And I wonder how beat up my body is.

No comments: