Monday, November 25, 2002

Things for Which I'm Thankful
It is Thanksgiving week. Thursday is Thanksgiving. This year, Thanksgiving falls on the 131st anniversary of the execution of three leaders of the Paris commune (Rossell, Ferre, and Bourgeois, if you must know), and my thoughts now turn from France to friends. Throughout the week I'll continue to post notices of some of the people, places, and things for which I'm thankful. This is where it starts:

  • Fast Company for giving me a place to spend my days. I'm pretty lucky to have the job I have.
  • Evan Williams of Blogger for his ongoing assistance and support with Media Diet. The man doesn't really need to respond to my customer service and support queries in a timely fashion -- especially when we don't communicate much otherwise -- but he does. And that's rad.
  • Jon Ferguson and the other folks behind and inside Cardhouse for helping make Media Diet real.
  • Media Dieticians everywhere. You know who you are.
  • My mom, dad, sister, and grandmother.
  • The Anchormen for their patience and provision of a carthartic creative outlet I wouldn't have otherwise.
  • "Special" female friends who have much more patience, persistence, and presence in my life than I deserve.

    That's seven. And that's lucky. More thoughts of thanks as I think them!
  • No comments: