Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Clothes Whore
You don't know what I look like, and because of that you don't know that I basically wear the same thing every day. Ratty Vans sneaks, khakis, and a T-shirt. I have a lot of T-shirts -- band, zine, comic, etc. -- and people at work often comment on how extensive my "collection" must be. I just like a well-designed tee; that's all.

Well, right now, I am wearing a suit. I never wear suits. Oh, weddings, funerals, sure. But day to day? For meetings? Never. The most I dress up is a collared shirt or a sweater, still with the trademark Vans and khakis.

But right now, I wear a suit. In about 20 minutes, I head to Boston College, where I will speak to about 225 MBA students and alumni about the state of the economy -- and the potential of a new form of personal and professional networking.

Wish me luck. I'm wearing a suit.

No comments: