Wednesday, February 27, 2002

Poop Star
Every day, I receive an email from Slate called Today's Papers. It's a brilliant bit of Net journalism, looking at the stories that the major dailies lead with -- and other select features that warrant attention. Like reading the Economist or the Week, Today's Papers is a daily injection of the best of many, many newspapers. I don't read it every day because I don't always have time, but today I did -- and, boy, am I glad! Slate, via the Washington Post, disses Alanis Morissette:

The WP's Style section ponders Alanis Morissette, who according to the paper, "never wavers from total self-involvement." That may explain why the singer elicits such a strong reaction that she's become, "the Hillary Clinton of pop." As one detractor put it, "What I feel for her isn't simple hate. It is an all-encompassing repulsion not unlike what you might feel if you woke up to discover a four-pound cockroach using your toothbrush."

Bump, set, spike!

No comments: