Friday, February 15, 2002

Email I Would've Sent My Ex-Girlfriend II
The second in a series of occasional Media Diet entries that are basically emails I'd send my ex-girlfriend if she weren't in fact my ex-girlfriend. Previous entry here.

I am so super sad today, and I'm not sure why. My hand really hurts. Work is slow and quiet. I haven't eaten anything other than Necco candy hearts (and I didn't even read the sayings on them) yet today. And even though last night at the Drummer and Upstairs was a lot of fun, I think that I'm trying too hard to distract myself with activities and things to do.

Just now, standing out on the sidewalk in front of the office, looking at all of the backed-up rush-hour traffic -- and a USPS truck being hauled along by a tow truck (The mail must get through!) -- I started thinking ahead to what I was doing this weekend. What I'll be doing with people who aren't you. Mexican comics panel tonight and maybe Charlie's with Ana and Tom afterward. Joe Sacco signing at the Picnic tomorrow. Show with Neil tomorrow night. Sunday's open so far. And I almost started to cry.

I'm glad we have tentative brunch plans for tomorrow morning, because I really need to see you. I also really need to pick myself up, brush myself off, and start all over again because I'm certainly not attractive or interesting to anyone in my current down, underfed, tired, and grousy state. Gah. I hope Media Diet doesn't turn into one of those sad emo boy after a breakup blogs. Because that would suck. I should've taken out the trash last night. I should do my dishes soon. I should do a lot of things.

Just to close loop on my previous unsent email, I finally fixed those little clay skeleton men I bought in Mexico City. They're now playing cards and talking by the bus stop on my mantle at home as we speak, so to speak.

It's probably good that I don't send her emails like that. It's also probably good that a lot of people don't read Media Diet.

No comments: