Wednesday, January 02, 2002

New Year's Daze
So my new year has begun on an upbeat note. Until Sunday, it looked like I'd be spending New Year's Eve at home alone with nothing but a six pack of Red Hook ESB and Dick Clark on the telly. All of my friends -- well, almost all, all who are involved in the Handstand Command music collective -- were in Long Island, I had no ride down to New York, and I didn't know about anything else that I could step into the slipstream of. Until Sunday night.

Then, at the Dilboy Jam, a wonderful party organized by my pal Leslie Case -- a party that featured several bands, including Scrapple Jr., the No-Nads, Asian Babe Alert, Chromium, and the college-rock jam band of the man for which the fete was thrown -- I learned that one of my friends who was planning on heading to Long Island wasn't driving down until Monday. Score! I also learned about two other parties on New Year's Eve. So everything came together, I spent the holiday in Long Island with the crew, and I didn't have to spend a sad spell at home with Dick Clark. Happy new year, everybody!

No comments: