Wednesday, January 23, 2002

Email I Would've Sent My Ex-Girlfriend
The first in a series of occasional Media Diet entries that are basically emails I'd send my ex-girlfriend if she weren't in fact my ex-girlfriend. You know how you strike up a little email correspondence with someone who's special to you and then, when things change, you miss those email exchanges just like you miss their presence in your life? (Not as much, but you know what I mean, I hope.) Well, this is like that.

Went for a walk in the sun and wind this afternoon, stomach growling and my leftovers sitting in the fridge at home. First stop, the fruit store, where I picked up a banana, an orange (been jonesing for oranges something fierce!), some hummus, and wheat crackers. Next stop, the candy store, where I picked up some hard candy for my office. Mmm, candy; I'll bring you some. Haven't had candy to share with folks in the office since last fall before I left for my road trip! Last stop, the hardware store, where I got some glue. I need to fix the little clay skeleton men I bought in Mexico City. Have you seen those yet? With the policeman at the bus stop and the skeletons playing cards?

What are you doing tonight? I might be hanging out with Kurt, a childhood friend -- and son of my mom's best friend from college -- tonight, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. He's working at MIT, so it's close to home anyway. Maybe we could watch "Andromeda Strain" later?

I'd like to be able to send her emails like that again.

No comments: