Monday, March 11, 2002

Rules for Fools II
Rule No. 4: If you don't want crumbs in your bed, don't eat crackers in bed.

Yes, last night I got a little peckish around 12 and thought, "Huh! I'll eat some Cheez-Its!" That was a bad idea for two reasons. One, I had to be hella careful not to get crumbs and cheese powder in my sheets and blankets. Two, if you do eat Cheez-Its before bed, be sure to brush your teeth before you fall asleep. Because, well, let's just say that I didn't taste so good come morning. Blech.

This dovetails into my most recent self-improvement plan: Cooking and eating at home, and packing a lunch for work. Today, Day Two, things have gone pretty well. I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a banana before leaving the house this morning. And I packed a colby and bologna sandwich, some sea salt and vinegar potato chips, baby carrots, and an apple for lunch today. Woohoo! So far I've eaten all but the apple for lunch, and I'm saving that for an afternoon snack. Yesterday went well, too. Sandwich for lunch. Mac and cheese for dinner. I even did the dishes promptly.

My parents will be so proud!

No comments: