Friday, March 24, 2006

Magazine Me LVIII

Flipping through the March 2006 edition of Go, AirTran's inflight magazine, I was struck by a couple of ads.

Not only does CNN now publish a magazine titled CNN Traveller, but there's also a CNBC-branded business magazine, CNBC European Business.

While ESPN and Nickelodeon have both stepped into the magazine publishing world to good effect, I'm not sure how I feel about these two new (to me) titles. When I think CNN, I think news, not travel. And when I think CNBC, I might think business -- but not necessarily Europe.

Do any Media Dieticians have the inside scoop on these mags? Has anyone actually read them?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CBNC European Business magazine is "the business", as they say. As an American based in Europe, I have long relied on CNBC as a crucial source of information on European markets. The value of the magazine lies in its in-depth coverage of, you guessed it, European business. Lots of great political and economic magazines coming out of the UK (Economist, Spectator) but this is the only source I have for European business coverage (not just UK). Also great car reviews.

Anonymous said...

I concur. Have read it and enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to be taught by the editor, Richard Lofthouse, when he was still at Yale. I have read CNBC European Business and I have enjoyed it.