Friday, January 10, 2003

Up in Smoke II
Yeah yeah yeah, I was going to quit smoking in June. Then I was going to quit smoking during Christmas week. I did, but when I got back to Boston, I started again. Then I was going to quit smoking for New Year's. Clearly, while I have little trouble stopping smoking -- Christmas week was painless -- I also have little trouble starting smoking again.

Now I'm going to Indiana for my grandmother's 92nd birthday this weekend. I haven't had a cigarette in more than 12 hours. I won't smoke while I'm visiting with the fam, and I don't plan on smoking when I get back to Boss town. A friend recently called me wishy washy. I've got to have the willpower to stop. And stay stopped.

Related resources:
  • QuitNet: Includes a calculator for keeping track of how many cigarettes you haven't smoked, how much money you've saved, and how much longer you'll live
  • The Truth: Local zinemaker Rich Mackin works on this campaign -- chock full of research
  • Truth in Advertising: A collection of vintage cigarette advertisements from the age of innocence
  • CigaretteLitter: The facts about cigarette butts and litter
  • No comments: