Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Happy Birthday to Media Dieticians XV

Media Diet launched June 27, 2001. That means that this Friday -- two days from now -- is Media Diet's second birthday.

I think it'd be fun to do a couple of things to help commemorate the occasion. One, if you would like to email me a birthday wish, testimonial, or other comment on the site, I'd appreciate it. What do you like about Media Diet? How do you use it? What's the most useful tool or resource you've learned about through the blog? Has Media Diet had any impact on what you do, how -- or why? Let me know what Media Diet does for you.

Secondly, I think it might be fun to open up Media Diet to the masses Friday. If you would like to contribute a book, comic, movie, record, or zine review -- or more than one -- send it to me and I'll publish it here. If you would like to submit grassroots media-related news or commentary, I'll welcome that, too.

And perhaps most fun of all, if you would like to be given the keys to Media Diet as a team member in order to post directly to Media Diet over the course of the day, let me know. I might not do this for everyone, but if you're a long-time Media Dietician, I know you, and you're interested in contributing Media Diet-style content to the blog Friday, I think it could be cool to make Media Diet a groupblog in honor of its anniversary. Media Dieticians, unite!

May Media Diet's third year be as fun as its first two! Since I stopped publishing print zines, this little blog has been one of the neatest side projects I've got going. Thanks for being here. You make it all worthwhile.

No comments: