Friday, March 07, 2003

South by Southwest 2003
I'm at the Austin Convention Center, with time to kill before South by Southwest Interactive officially begins at 7:30. Escaping the heavy snow in Boston, I was delayed getting out of Boston and finally arrived in town around 9 last night, catching a cab to Rick and Melissa's new house in Highland. I met their dog Dudley, and we stayed up a little catching up.

This morning, I caught the 15 bus downtown, getting off a hair too soon and walking down Trinity from 15th to the convention center. I registered, caught lunch at B.D. Riley's on Sixth, and got organized for the days ahead. The rain here has ended, and it's absolutely beautiful. Sunny, warm. In a couple of hours, I'll meet Ben Brown for dinner in South Austin before coming back here for Richard Stallman's talk.

Hello, Austin. I've missed you.

No comments: