Friday, March 07, 2003

South by Southwest 2003 III
Just got back from dinner at Curra's with Ben and Laurie. The chicken mole enchiladas were wonderful, and I topped dinner off with a bottle of Shiner. Shiner Bock is one of my favorite beers, and it's not widely available outside of Texas. Tonight, our waiter tried to discourage me from having a Shiner so I could have a Newcastle of all things. Newcastle, I can get anywhere. Shiner? Austin.



Over dinner, we talked about the small-world and microstar nature of the self-publishing and Web communities, the importance of politics and urban planning, why people think Ben's a jerk, and the future of Ben's So New Media empire. I gave Ben the origami globe that came in the SXSW gear bag, and I decided that I might need to be less dependent on the 15 bus if I want to see everyone I want to see while I'm in town. In 30 minutes, Richard Stallman. I need to go upstairs to find a seat and a power plug. My battery just edged into the red.

No comments: