Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Nervy, Pervy XII
My Suicide Girls membership has been deactivated. When I went to log in and catch up on the discussions last night, my username wasn't recognized. When I entered my email address to make sure I was using the right password, I was informed that I wasn't a member. So I emailed the customer service address. This is what I got in response:

i don't know what's up, i'm just a customer support lackey. you probably said something lame on the boards or something. sorry! happy trails.


So I emailed Spooky directly, and this is what's going on:

According to our records your last transaction did not go through at iBill, our old payment processor, due to a technical error on their part. If you would like to reactivate your account, simply go to join page and use the reactivation box to turn your account back on. In the future you will be billed directly by us, and these sort of errors should not repeat themselves.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you decide to remain a member of suicidegirls.


Phew! I was wondering what I might have said or done that would prompt an arbitrary deactivation, but it seems that SG is moving its billing in house -- and that the transition hasn't gone as well as it could have. For a minute, my conspiracy-filled mind was doing cartwheels.

No comments: