Tuesday, March 04, 2003

From the In Box: From the Reading Pile XVII
Thanks for the review on the "Nowhere Fast" deal. I have something for you to review further. I say that Jesus Christ rose from the dead 2000 years ago, and that the resrrection of Jesus Christ is an undeniable fact. What is your review on that? -- Simon Woodstock

I would say that while I was raised Christian and read the Bible nearly every day, I don't think that the Bible is infallible. And that I would much rather concentrate on living in line with Christian morals and values than debating over theological-historical particulars. Live the change I want to make, I guess.


The original manuscripts of the Bible are proven to be infallible. Besides the biblical account of the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, there is much evidence from first century non Christian historians that support the resurrection of Jesus Christ as well (i.e Pliny, Tacitus, Josephus etc.) The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most historically verifiable event in all of ancient history.

Besides this, the Bible claims that Jesus is in fact God in the flesh. If a book claims that somebody is God, and they are in fact not God, that book is no source for any type of moral guidelines. That book would have to be considered to be the biggest lie of all history, and thus of no moral worth.

The Bible is infallible. The Bible claims that Jesus is God. Jesus rose from the dead, proving once and for all that this was so. The resurrection is not a theological/historical particular. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is either the most crucial event of all time, or it is absolutely nothing at all.

I respect any conclusion that you make, and I also respect you as a person, even if we disagree. Your review please.

No comments: