Monday, October 06, 2003

Virtual Book Tour 2: Products I Love

When I think of new products that I love, the first thing at comes to mind is Tivo. I've had mine for about two years, and can't imagine life without it. I even wrote a story about it for TV Guide called, "Help I'm Addicted to my Tivo." But the truth is, I don't want any help. You can have my trusty Tivo remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. Though Tivo's far from perfect. On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, my roommate and I -- while watching the horrifying WTC coverage -- got the following message: "Tivo would like the change the channel and record Mama's Family." Hey, at least it wasn't Caroline in the City.

Speaking of watching TV, my new favorite couch potato snack is the cereal Marshmallow Safari. It's like Lucky Charms, but a little more buttery. Sugar-coated heaven.

My other new favorite product is my duct tape wallet. It's super fun, though everytime I pull out my wallet, my friends make fun of me for carrying so much stuff, like I'm George Costanza from Seinfeld. I just need my retail punchcards where I can find them. Sue me.

My favorite gift that i got recently -- my birthday party was last night -- is the Olivia Newton John Barbie from Grease doll that I got from my pals Doug and John. It rocks, but the face isn't very Olivia; it's like and old-school Barbie face. I'm going to fix her up with my beloved Joey Lawrence doll.

No comments: