Wednesday, October 01, 2003

The Restaurant I Ate at Last Night XXII

After surveying the state of my apartment and deciding I needed to let the dust settle more before reorganizing my belongings, I grabbed a book and fled to Rangzen, a cozy Tibetan restaurant just blocks away from Church Corner. Having lived in the neighborhood for three years, I've never eaten there. And while I don't think it's as good as the House of Tibet on Teele Square in Somerville, it is still an excellent eatery. About $20 got me an appetizer of mashed potato balls with chives, an entree of strips of beef sauteed with spinach on basmati rice, and a mug of butter and salt tea. The appetizer was amazing and would make a nice snack. I thought the entree was a little underspiced, particularly given the blandness of the rice, but I'm still bummed I left the leftovers in the fridge at home. And the butter and salt tea wasn't as strong as I remember the tea being at House of Tibet. The restaurant wasn't crowded, the staff was friendly if not overly attentive, and the music was peaceful and soothing -- just what I needed given the damage done to my living space.

No comments: