Friday, May 16, 2003

Workaday World XXXI

I just got the weirdest thing I've ever received in the mail at work. Dave at the front desk emailed me that I had an extremely large UPS box for me at the front desk. Shipped from a Crate & Barrel in Elizabeth, New Jersey, the box contained a single blue couch cushion and a gift card.





Only problem is, I don't have any friends named Kenny. And I haven't hosted anyone other than my mother and Cory Doctorow in recent months. Is this a joke?



Our theory is that this Kenny person stayed with a friend recently, perhaps sleeping on their couch and either drooling on or otherwise damaging a single cushion on that couch. So he sent a replacement cushion upon arriving home. I'm tempted to keep the cushion -- it's got a handle! -- or to gift it to the parking attendant at Joe Tecce's who kneels to pray to Mecca every day. But I think I need to contact Crate & Barrel and arrange the blue cushion's return.

This, I will do Monday. The only other thing I can think of is that my occasional mentions of the Big Blue Couch on Church Corner inspired a Media Dietician to send me this cushion. Wouldn't that be a kick if it were the case!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Kenny is Mark Peretta.

Anonymous said...

I think Kenny is Mark Peretta