Thursday, May 15, 2003

From the In Box: The Blogging of Business

Sadly, there's nothing easy like this at all that I know of that is easy to implement. If you would put out the call for programmers to cook up some sort of PHP/Perl parser of XML feeds, I'd be more than happy to guinea pig it on my box. My own attempts at writing one were crappy to a waste of time (so far). -- Joe Sizzle

This might be a project for LazyWeb then.

What I would like to be able to do is create a Web page adjacent to my blog that compiles ongoing posts from blogs that I frequent -- something akin to LiveJournal's Friends post aggregator, which handles LiveJournal posts from people you link to as friends as well as outside RSS feeds... or Stephen Downe's Edu_RSS, which collects feeds from sites that he's identified as appropriate for that aggregation page.

Think blogroll or bookmarks, only with recent posts all on the same page, including links back to the original, independent blogs. You could add and remove sites that are part of the syndicated compilation as your reading roster changes, and posts would be displayed in chronological order regardless of their source sites.

No comments: