Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Technofetishism X
I have been playing with my new PowerBook all day. It is absolutely beautiful. Tomorrow, I'll be able to start using it full time. Yay!

***


The born-again geek in me is kinda wishing I was going to MacWorld next week, but I'm not. Maybe someone will blog the conference like Dan Gillmore did for the Berkman Center for Internet & Society's Internet Law Program.

Meanwhile, especially because MacWorld pulled about 30 press passes from folks who'd hoped to cover the conference online, you might want to keep up with RumorTracker, which draws on a handful of Apple news services.

***


In other Mac news, I recently learned that Chris Imlay is the art director for MacAddict magazine. "Who he?" say you? Well, he's guitarist for the Hi-Fives, and he was in the Ne'er Do Wells, as well as Thee Shatners, previously. Awesome, awesome. Not sure how much I like the redesign -- I haven't really read the magazine before -- but subscription ordered solely based on Chris working there. Mac punks, unite!

No comments: