Friday, July 26, 2002

Morning Delusional
This almost never happens to me, but this morning, upon waking (for the first time) at 5:17 a.m., I was completely disoriented. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know what day it was, and I didn't know what I had to do today. This never happens to me -- not even when I'm on the road for two months -- I always know where I am and why I'm there.

But this morning, I woke in a near-panic and totally disoriented. I checked the clock, walked around my apartment, looked outside, and checked my calendar to reaffirm where I was and when it was. Then, having gotten everything settled again ("I'm home, it's Friday, and I'm flying to Wisconsin this afternoon; I need to pack."), I went back to bed for a couple of hours.

When I finally got up at a reasonable hour, I knew exactly who I was, where I was, and what I was doing. Phew! Has anyone else ever experienced this disorientation in the morning?

No comments: