Thursday, May 09, 2002

The Restaurant I Ate at Last Night VII
Hi-Fi Pizza
After all of the bands were done and everything was loaded out, Jef gave me a lift home. And I was staaarving. All I had eaten yesterday was some of the small, snacky food they give you on planes, and I was feeling pretty empty. So before going home, I walked over to Hi-Fi Pizza to see if it was still open. It was 1:30 a.m., and it was! The place was packed. Sociologically, it was pretty interesting. The late-night crowd mostly comprised a bunch of indie-rock kids -- all sitting on one side of the joint -- and a scattering of other people, who mostly kept to the other side. I ordered two slices and sat down in my suit, scarfing down the food like it was nothing. Hi-Fi doesn't make the best pizza, but it does make good pizza. Cheesy, greasy. Good. And it's not far from my house at all. Before I got up to leave, I noticed that everyone was kind of checking me out. I guess I must have stuck out because I was wearing a suit and carrying a backpack -- no one else in the place was wearing a suit -- and I imagine that I must have looked like some sort of hungry night-owl Mormon. That's me: Elder Row. It was so good to eat. It was also good to sleep. A good ending to a good day.

No comments: