Saturday, April 01, 2006

Resident Tourist

I can see the Empire State Building from the window of my kitchen. It's one of the reasons I moved into my apartment in Greenpoint in 2004. And its peak changes color to signify holidays and other events. It's a fantastic example of urban markup language.

Yet I've never been there. Until today. Today, my friend Rick and I met at Grand Central Terminal to go to the Empire State Building and head up to the observation deck.

It was amazing. Amazing! One of the most amazing experiences I've had in a long time, perhaps in my life.

If you live in New York City and have already gone up, go. If you live in New York City and have never gone up, go. If you're just visiting, go.

Seeing New York like this will change how you think about the city.

Check out my Flickr pictures.

No comments: