Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Ravaging Radio VII
Quoth Stephen Provizer:

I just wanted to let you know that, due to a combination of factors, not the least of which is financial, April, 2003 marks the end of my official involvement with Allston-Brighton Free Radio.

Time goes by. It's been seven years since I organized Radio Free Allston and three years since I started Allston-Brighton Free Radio and I know that a change is due. I think that this change will be beneficial to both me and the station.

In difficult times such as these, it becomes even more important for all of us to know we can express our point of view and to take steps to do so. I hope that in the months ahead, you will continue to support community and alternative media efforts like A-B Free Radio.

For my part, I will be out there looking for gainful employment, hopefully in the field of education, media or community organizing.

It has been a tremendous priviledge to be able to communicate with you on some of the most vital issues of our imperiled civic culture. Thank you so much for the support you've shown my efforts.


Having toured the old Radio Free Allston studio when I ran the Mass. Media mailing list -- and having played an A-B Free Radio benefit with the Anchormen -- I know what a force for free speech and free media Stephen is. I'm sure that the A-B Free Radio team will miss Stephen's involvement, but I'm also sure that he will find new progressive media projects just as productive and positive.

Best wishes, Stephen!

No comments: