Monday, April 28, 2003

Hanging out with Hicks III

Soft Skull Press impresario Sander Hicks interviewed 911 commission member Richard Ben-Veniste for INN Report recently. The transcript is a quick read, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. The video is also worth watching, if not for the following two moments:

RB: I think you are going right for the capillary, if I may say so.
SH: You mean the jugular?
RB: No, I mean the capillary.
SH: You mean the fine detail?
RB: I mean the things that are ... certainly not central.

SH: If Mohamed Atta is technically a fundamentalist Muslim, what is he doing cocaine and going to strip bars with Rudi Dekkers’ girlfriend?
RB: You know, that’s a heck of a question.
SH: It sure is. Right. Well, then we agree on that.


File under Spoof to Power.

No comments: