Monday, April 07, 2003

From the In Box: Among the Literati XXX
Some thoughts on your stories in Uber:
 
Story #1: I'm 52, and my partner is 48. We don't worry about rubber bands, but we do worry about small things. We try to assure they are hip small things.
 
Story #2: I've always thought that those inland gulls were fish deliverer trailer-truck stowaways. Tired of surf, maybe they are looking for turf (chipmunks, squirrels, and rabbits). I know it’s a silly theory, but hey, I’m sure even John Nash had the occasional silly theory.
 
Story #3: Brilliant.
-- J.D. Finch

Thanks for the kind words! People have responded to those rather immediate short, short stories relatively well, and I've already written several more. It's the first fiction I've written since 1994, and it feels pretty good.

No comments: