Thursday, January 02, 2003

From the In Box: It's an Ad, Ad, Ad, Ad World XVIII
Thanks for posting a link to my story. I got mentioned on Slashdot, too, so I got several thousand hits last week.

Just one thought: You mentioned it was "a bit
Who Moved My Cheese-ish." I beg to differ. The story is more about the dangers of making change for change's sake or modernizing business processes and practices to go along with the latest trends, rather than as a result of actual analysis.

As well, having worked for over three years with a CRM company, I'm becoming more and more skeptical of CRM's claims, and the story reflects that too. I don't believe that the "relationship" a company has with a customer is anything like the relationship that CRM firms try to portray. Maybe I'll tackle it in another
ebook -- fiction or nonfiction.
-- Jonathan Cohen

No comments: