Thursday, August 02, 2001

From the In Box: Write the Hand That Feeds
How about some Media Diet commentary on the G+J departure? (Perhaps that's cutting it close.) -- David Rosenblatt

An interesting point, Dave. How much should I bring up things from work at Fast Company in Media Diet? When I was doing my old personal zine Karma Lapel, several readers commented on how I hardly ever wrote about what I did at work -- just on the side. I wonder why that is. I mean, I like my work. It's interesting. It's even fun. But my side projects have always been kind of disconnected from my paid work, you know?

Regardless, to touch on what Dave emailed me about: David Carey, CEO of Gruner + Jahr's Business Innovators Group, quit this week to head back to the New Yorker -- he was their publisher before he came to FC, and now he's their publisher again. A sweet spot if you can get it! There's some basic coverage of the move in the New York Post and the Daily News.

No comments: