Wednesday, August 22, 2001

From the In Box: What the Hell? III
I saw your Web site last week during the American Journal of Print brouhaha. The one thing, though, that I have to contest is your description of my "David Eggers fetish." I think that once you read more of the Log you'll understand that although I'm interested in The Dave's rise to fame, I'm not by any means running some sort of continuing fanzine-type of column. I could have used any sort of recent "hot" thing to chart the rise of a pop culture phenomenon. I just chose him because I found him fascinating at the time. -- Gary Baum

Fair enough. So eggers is less of a fetish and more of a totem for your wider interests? I was certainly struck by the preponderance of Eggers references -- and mentions of his compatriots.

I'm looking forward for more from MM -- brilliant stuff, Gary. You should be proud.

Thanks for the kind words. MM's on a semi-hiatus for the next six weeks or so, though, since I've just moved into college (the University of Southern California) and now have some new priorities, like the school paper.

No comments: