Thursday, March 18, 2021

Values and Principles

Since the beginning of the year, I've been digging into the DeMartini Value Determination Process and reading Dr. John DeMartini's book The Values Factor. I haven't finished completing all the exercises in the book yet, but I have gone through his process a few times since 2017, and it's been useful in determining and identifying what I consider most important. That, in turn, is helpful, too, as I set priorities, make goals, and decide where to spend my time and energy.

If you haven't gone through a similar exercise, you might find it useful, as well. I'm sharing my results here, so you can see some of what you might expect to accomplish, as well.



Top 5 challenges
  1. Developing the next stage/phase of my work life and career
  2. Helping launch my son successfully to college from high school
  3. Stopping spending and better managing money
  4. Tidying the home and keeping it clean and cozy for my family
  5. Finishing the book I'm writing!

Top 5 supports
  1. My wife
  2. My parents
  3. My co-workers
  4. My friends
  5. Other Scout leaders
What do you value? Consider using the DeMartini Value Determination Process to explore that yourself.

No comments: