Struck by that observation this morning, I took note of how I organized the various sections of the newspaper before reading it. Half of the paper is delivered on Sunday. I don't know how the following list falls out in terms of what section was delivered when, because I don't read the Sunday Times on Saturday. It's the Sunday Times.
Regardless, before reading the paper, I unbag both days' deliveries and arrange them in the order I plan to attack the sections. Here is that order:
- Book Review
- The City -- I'm especially fond of the FYI Q&A column
- The Metro Section
- Magazine -- I look for Rob Walker, Dan Clowes, and I save the Acrostic for Caitlin
- Sunday Styles
- Arts & Leisure
- Real Estate -- the first section. The second is all listings and less interesting
- Week in Review
- Automobiles -- a quick flip
- The front section
- Travel -- usually my least favorite section, and therefore, the last to be read
I don't know how consistent I am Sunday to Sunday -- I'd imagine there's some variance -- but I found this interesting.
What Sunday newspaper do you read -- and how do you do so?