This past weekend, C. and I headed up to the upper Hudson River valley for a fall foliage weekend away. We had a wonderful time, and I offer this shake-and-bake itinerary as a tool Media Dieticians can use to organize their own two-day trip.
Day One: Saturday
- Rent a car from Enterprise Rent-a-Car in Greenpoint.
- While on the way, eat a late breakfast at the Horizon Diner in Ramsey, New Jersey.
- Walk out to the Saugerties Lighthouse in Saugerties, New York.
- Browse at the Inquiring Mind Bookstore & Gallery in Saugerties, New York.
- Shop at the Hope Farm Press & Booktraders in Saugerties.
- Eat a late lunch at Taste of Home.
- Stay at the Quality Inn & Conference Center in Catskill, New York.
- Eat Dinner at the Creekside Restaurant & Bar in Catskill.
Day Two: Sunday
- Eat breakfast at the Diamond Street Diner in Hudson, New York.
- Visit the Fireman's Firefighting Museum in Hudson.
- Go to and hike around the Olana State Historic Site.
- Eat lunch at the Swoon Kitchenbar.
- Shop at Hudson City Books.
- Get a cup of coffee and a snack at the Muddy Cup Coffee House.
- Eat a late dinner at Imperial Palace after you get home in Greenpoint.
You can see the Yelp reviews for the whole itinerary. You can also see photos from the weekend.
And you can do it yourself! Let me know what kind of weekend you plan!