Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Workaday World XXXVII

I got home last night to find that they hadn't finished work on my apartment. My landlord didn't mess things up too much moving stuff around, but he'd neglected to mention that they'd be putting vents in the bathroom and kitchen, as well. The place was basically unlivable, so I went out to eat at Charlie's, caught a show at the Middle East, had an end-of-night drink (anything to avoid being home!), and slept on the floor next to my bed, which was piled high with stuff. Got up and out this morning before the workers were scheduled to return and worked for several hours before extreme sleepiness crashed into me like a wave. I just got up from a two-hour nap on the couch in the founding editor's old office. First time I've slept at work in six years.

No comments: