Monday, March 25, 2002

Dollars for Dougnuts
Woke with the sun around 6 a.m. today, but didn't get up and out until a little after 8 -- I've really been enjoying the sun and cool breezes with bird song these recent mornings... as well as no real need to get into work at a specific time. I used to sleep in because of the ex. Now I just sleep in because I can.

Skipped breakfast at home despite some fresh bananas on the fridge to get to work as quickly as I could, stopping at the Haymarket Dunkin' Donuts for a glazed cruller and a blueberry cake doughnut. I haven't broken fast at a Dunkin' Donuts for about a year. There was a time when I'd alternate mornings between Dunkin' Donuts and a cafe/deli near work for an egg and cheese English muffin.

But you know what? Dunkin' Donuts isn't very good. I know it's the predominant doughnut chain in New England. And I know that some people in the area absolutely love Dunkin' Donuts, even the coffee. I don't think I do. I'd much rather have a Krispy Kreme or a doughnut from the little bakery on the way to Bear Skin Neck in Rockport. And this morning, I'd even rather have had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios at home.

Dunkin' Donuts: Blech.

No comments: